At TWFG Rosas Insurance we see the home as safety, stability, and security. As Gorge A. Moore truly said, “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” Having home insurance will make sure that your home is covered in the unlikely event of a disaster or an accident.
Standard Homeowner Insurance Protections
Standard homeowner insurance makes sure that your home and your belongings are insured in unfortunate event, such as fire or storm. Many times, these policies are packaged. What packaged means? It means that the coverage not only covers damage to your property but also your liability – that is any legal responsibility attached to the unlikely event. For example injuries and property damage to others caused by you or your home members. Surprisingly these packages also include damages caused by pets.
There are few things you should know before getting a home insurance policy. While homeowner insurance covers many types of disasters, there are exceptions. For example, these policies may not cover flood insurance or earthquake insurance which are both types of policy in themselves. You may want them depending on where you live.
Some types of Homeowner Coverages:
- Dwelling Coverage – this coverage pays if your home is damaged or destroyed by something your policy covers
- Personal Property Coverage – covers furniture, clothing and other things you own are stolen, damaged, or destroyed
- Other Structures Coverage – covers payment for repairing structures on your property that aren’t attached to your house. This may include detached garages, storage sheds, or fences
- Loss of Use Coverage – covers any additional expenses if you have to move while your house is being repaired. This expense may include rent, food, and other costs you wouldn’t have if you were still in your home
- Personal Liability Coverage – covers medical bills, lost wages, and other costs for people that you’re legally responsible for injuring. This also covers any damages caused to someone else’s property. It also covers any payment for court in an event of you getting sued.
- Medical Payments Coverage – covers medical bills of people hurt on your property. It also covers damages caused away from home. For example, your dog bites someone at the park.
There is a lot more to homeowner insurance than we can cover here. Moreover, everyone’s needs are different. Let us know if you have any questions regarding homeowner insurance and we will be happy to help.